We have all heard about exfoliation in vlogs, read about it in blogs and all those magazines with beauty articles. If it’s a radiant skin you are after, you need to exfoliate!
First things first…
What is exfoliation? And why is it good for the skin?
During this so called ‘exfoliation’ you basicly remove the dead skin cells from the top layer of your skin. The shedding of your skin is a totally natural process and adding exfoliation to your skin care routine helps it, encourages smoother, brighter, clearer (with a more even complexion) and healthier skin. There are some lucky ones among us who have glowing and radiant skin already. But! Many people need exfoliation to help reduce acne and get a nice, smooth skin.
Let me list a few beauty benefits:
- you can reduce and prevent acne by removing a build-up of dead skin cells that clog your pores
- you will have smaller pores
- it will help all the beauty products (day/night creams, moisturizers, sunscreen) absorb into your skin, thus making your skin care regime more effective
- reduces wrinkles
There are several ways, tools and products that help you exfoliate. Two weeks ago I received one handy tool set from www.exfolimate.com and tried the Australian-designed Exfolimate Face and Body tool set.
I have been using it for about two weeks now (the face tool on a daily basis and the body one every second-third day), but I have already noticed some differences and changes in my skin texture. It hasn’t been so long I’ve been using it, I know that the best results are gained from longer-term use (like with most of the cosmetic products) and I am pretty excited to see the outcomes in a couple of months.
- My skin looks absolutely clearer, it is more even-toned
- My face feels cleaner after bathing. As I wear foundation every day, it is crucial for me & my skin’s health to wash it off thoroughly at the end of the day. There are times when I even wash my face twice (once in the bathtub/shower and again when I leave it) to make sure my face is free from all products.
- My skin feels very soft right after using the tool
About the product:
It is a handy little pair of exfoliation tools, they come with an orange strap for the easier storage (I just hang them up on one of my shampoos, hahha) and you can also avoid dropping the tool if you wind the strap around your wrist. It is very safe to use, won’t scratch ot hurt your skin, it’s not sharp at all.
You should use it while showering or bathing, when your skin is wet. Warm water helps to open the pores and soften your skin, so the application of the tool will be more effective.
As a conclusion…
I would honestly recommend it. I have tried quite a few facial scrubs and gels already. I had the exact same problem with almost every, they all made some special areas, patches of my skin extremely dry. I haven’t experienced anything like this with Exfolimate.